Shivapuri hiking tour is one of the famous day hiking tours around Kathmandu valley which takes place in Shivapuri National park. After driving for about half an hour, you reach Budhanilakantha where you start the hiking from. Budhanilkantha is a sacred pilgrimage site to Hindus where there is also a magnificent stone idol of Vishnu, the Hindu god of protection, sleeping on a serpent bed in the middle of a pond.
Visit the area for a while and drive even further up to the entrance gate to the national park. You enter the trail inside the national park and start hiking uphill. After hiking for about two and a half hours you reach a Buddhist monastery called Nangi Gumba. Visit the monastery and enjoy the view of Kathmandu valley to the south. Walk further ahead to finish your hike at Sundarijal and drive back to Kathmandu.
Highlights of the Shivapuri Hiking Tour
- A peaceful day out in Kathmandu
- An incredible walk in nature through lush forest
- Explore the wild in the Shivapuri national park in Kathmandu
- Enjoy walking through a jungle and emerge to a beautiful monastery
- Spend a beautiful day away from the crowd of Kathmandu